It’s a tall task to redesign an industry benchmark for versatility and performance, so the Shimano team went to work developing the all-new SLX A series of low-profile reels. Designed for tournament anglers and weekend warriors alike, the all-new SLX A series now features Shimano’s premium SilentTune technology to improve rotation and enhance overall reeling performance. Available in three gear ratios, Shimano built the SLX A with a HAGANE Body for increased durability and strength, so anglers can set the hook and land the fish of a lifetime. Unsurpassed quality and performance at an unbeatable price, the all-new SLX A series of reels is a must-have for anglers looking to upgrade their quiver.
- Hagane Body – A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to it’s stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler’s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- Super Free Spool – SFS was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. The pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing, which keeps the gear in perfect alignment with the spool shaft to eliminate friction for longer casts and smoother operation.
- Shimano Stable Spool Design (S3D) – S3D Technology utilizes a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum spool to significantly reduce spool vibration and increase smoothness when casting and retrieving.
- SVS Infinity – Provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force that is easily adjusted as conditions change. Brake weights use inner friction against the raceway during the cast for precision casting even when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides quick, precise adjustments on the fly for when conditions or baits change.
- SilentTune – – By applying slight pressure to the bearing supporting the spool, Silent Tune reduces spool vibration during the cast which results in quieter casting and smoother spool rotation with less play.